Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shopping in Milan

Milan was my favorite part of the trip, but I am a little biased because I had a friend there!

As soon as we arrived in Milan I texted my friend Marine and we decided to meet up. I quickly got ready and ran off to the duomo. I got lost at first trying to get to the subway, but eventually figured it out. After a somewhat flustered train ride, I finally got to see Marine! I hadn't seen her since the summer, and was ecstatic to spend time with her. We spent our time catching up and shopping. Marine has a questionable shopping addiction so she was able to show me all the shops and have fun  helping me shop for a suit. We ended up going to a place called Boggi, where they fitted me for a black italian suit. This was my one goal to purchase and am so happy that I could make it happen! Unfortunately they could finish the tailoring in time, so it will not be ready until Friday this week. Marine is going to pick it up and send it to me though! After shopping we went to dinner with her Italian friend, they both luckily spoke fluent english and it felt like I was out to dinner like I am with good friends in the states. The next day I spent the morning reenacting my shopping trip with Marine with all the girls on the trip showing them the shopping district. After seeing the top of the duomo we attended to Opera at La Scala. I was very unimpressed with the production, the first act was just the two main actor primarily walking around the stage, with intermittent interpretive dance. I left early to spend more time with my friend Marine, we walked around the duomo and went and saw the old castle nearby. We left early in the evening and did dinner near her flat before heading back to the hotel and reminiscing about the summer camp we both worked at.

Overall, Milan for me was a chance to catch up with an old friend in a new city, and provided some much needed reprieve from the group at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment